Physical pain can occur due to a lot of several reasons. We experience pain at every moment in life. These could range from pain the joints or pain due to injury. Pain could also be caused due to certain medical conditions. It is an indication sent to you by your brains telling you that a particular place in your body needs urgent medical attention before it is late. Therefore, when you experience pain you know that you need to take great care of it. Pain could be mild or severe. There are some body parts where pain comes and goes in intervals while certain body parts experience pain throughout depending on what the source of pain actually is. Here, we shall tell you all you need to know about leg pain and leg pain symptoms. You would also get to know what causes this pain and how you could treat it well.
Many people also have chronic back pain and suffer a lot through out their lifetime. Back pain can occurs due to variety of reason, some are mild while other can be very painful and can make your life miserable. One of the common reason for the back pain is due to not maintaining your body posture during work. Many office goers who had to sit for hours face this kind of back pain. The solution for such pain is simple, sit straight on your chair and make sure you buy a good chair that can also be reclined. If you are not able to maintain your posture properly than you can buy a posture corrector braces, that helps in maintaining a good posture. We will be discussing about how to maintain proper posture later in this article.
What is leg pain?
When we refer to leg pain, it would obviously mean pain in the leg. But this pain in the leg can vary from mild pain to severe pain. The pain could occur in several forms as well such as simple aching sensation or numbness of the leg or even throbbing or searing as if someone is piercing needles into your calves, knees or thighs. These sensations together constitute what is known as leg pain. It can be caused due to a lot of different factors which we would tell you in detail later on. In most of the cases your back is examined to find out the source of your leg pain symptoms. Untreated leg pain could prove to be very risky therefore doctors do not take any such risk.
Leg pain symptoms
Leg pain symptoms are of several kinds. These are indications that tell you whether you could have leg pain or not. These usually include burning pain, numbness of the leg, heaviness of the foot, constant pain as well as positional leg pain. Leg pain symptoms of pregnancy and leg pain symptoms of children would not be the same. It varies from person to person or rather from one situation to another. Leg pain blood clot symptoms would also be different depending on the injury. Most commonly you would experience a tingling sensation or growing pain which would certainly mean you are suffering from leg pain.
What causes leg pain?
Leg pain could occur due to several known reasons. Most of these have already been experienced by you even before you have read this article. These causes range from fractures, shin splits, bleeding to sprains, strains and compartment syndrome. The above mentioned causes are those causes which are very easily seen or observed by us in our daily lives. Therefore, we must be prepared to do whatever it takes when we are injured and leg pain occurs. You should go visit a doctor in such a situation and not try anything by yourself.
Muscle pain in legs is a something which every one of us has experienced once or twice. This is one of the most common forms of aches which one gets. To explain it in textual language, the definition would be something like – a strong pull or contract of muscles which occurs for a few seconds to several minutes. It absolutely makes our feet numb preventing any activity via it.
This tightening of muscles is also referred to as charley horse. These cramps are extremely uncomfortable and it makes it absolutely impossible to move the legs and feet. Cramps occur mostly in legs but apart from that they also occur in the arms. Interestingly they are most disturbing at night and evening. These muscle pains in legs at night are sudden tightening or cramping up of the muscles in the calf or arms and even sometimes in portions of the foot and thighs. And another thing these muscle pains in legs at night occur just as when you are about to go to sleep or when you are about to get up.
Causes of Muscle Pain In Legs:
To be honest to pin –point one reason why these muscle pain in legs and arms, or muscle pain in legs and hips, occur is very difficult. This muscle pain in legs and feet, are resulted due to many reasons. Some of them are as follows:
- The most common way of getting muscle pain in legs and hips as well as muscle pain in legs and arms is due to exercise. Some people work out like crazy. They give you the impression as if they want to become Arnold Schwarzenegger in one single month! But that is not how it should be done. Those dolts don’t understand that too much exercise can sometimes be as harmful as not exercising at all. They strain their muscles and as a result of that their muscles become tired and cramp up. Such cramping is very common in regions of the hips, legs, calf, elbows and arms. Thus is the reason why muscle pain in legs after exercise, is a very common sight.
- Pregnancy is another major cause which enables the muscles to cramp up. These cramps occur mainly due to the lack of magnesium and calcium, especially more in the third stage of pregnancy, where they are prone to restless leg syndrome pregnancy disorder, another type of nervous problem.
- Over exposure to cold temperature or bathing with cold water in cool temperature can also lead to the muscle cramping up. The most common portions are muscle pain in legs and feet. Also loss of fluids due to sweat and hard work also leads to muscle tightening and pulling.
However there are ways through one can prevent Muscle pain in legs. They are as follows muscle pain in legs treatment
- To counter muscle pain in legs after exercise, properly and slowly stretch the portion which aches. Also if the pain is sufficient, then apply cold ice to the affected area or an ointment giving cold and warm sensations.
- Drink plenty of fluids such as Red Bull, Cloud Nine, Gatorade, as they have essential components which assist in getting rid of Muscle pain in legs.
- Pregnant women should after consulting with the doctor consume magnesium supplements in their diets as they are very good muscle pain in legs treatment especially during pregnancy.
- Always try and take a warm bath after a work our as the warm water assists in adequate blood circulation, thereby reducing chance of Muscle pain in legs.
Tips to maintain proper posture
We often hear that good posture is essential for good health. We often hear that good posture is essential for good health. Although a stooped posture may seem to go hand in hand with old age, you can help prevent the characteristic rounding of the spine that is often caused by osteoporosis and the destruction of the vertebrae in the upper and middle spine. We all need to focus on opening and lengthening our front, while performing exercises and movements that strengthen our back. We recognize poor posture when we see it formed as a result of bad habits carried out over years and evident in many adults.
- We recognize poor posture when we see it formed as a result of bad habits carried out over years and evident in many adults.
- And the benefits of maintaining your bone health are much more than skin-deep.
- So treat yourself more like an athlete and less as a desk jockey.
- But only few people have a real grasp of the importance and necessity of good posture.
- But only few people have a real grasp of the importance and necessity of good posture.
- Stand before a mirror, front on and side on, to see where your problem is.
- If your feet are weak, they will roll inward and cause something called “serial distortion” — which causes a global collapse of efficient support for your body.
Cramp office environments mixed with the stresses of work and contrasting personalities can create a very uncomfortable work environment, and somehow it seems like no one ever notices how bad they truly are. You might also want observe friends, role models, movie stars or other people you think has good body language. Now, stand tall with your feet comfortably apart. In other words, having weak feet can make you slouch! Face it, we’re all a little guilty of being obnoxious from time to time. Observe what they do and you don’t. Draw in your stomach, draw your pelvis up and move your shoulders down and back. If you don’t think your body has a language of its own, think again.
Chronic fatigue can also result. Take bits and pieces you like from different people. Imagine you’ve got a thread attached to the top of your head and it’s drawing you up to the ceiling – feel your body lengthening and straightening. A large percentage of communication and how people perceive you comes from body language. Coupled with circulation issues, the result can be early exhaustion. Try using what you can learn from them. Now look at your posture again. This includes posture, gestures, facial expressions, and eye movements. Chronic back, neck, and shoulder pain can also result from the strain of bad positioning. Stand with a wide stance close to the object you are trying to pick up and keep your feet firm on the ground.
How you look and feel is directly related to your posture. Your body language might reveal your true feelings or intentions. Fifty percent of working Americans suffer from back pain, and it’s the second most common reason for doctor visits. Tighten your stomach muscles and lift the object using your leg muscles. Despite the importance of having good posture, most of us don’t do anything to improve it.
These curves are maintained by two muscle groups, flexors and extensors. Twenty five percent of those with back pain suffer from a herniated disc, which may be caused by poor posture. Straighten your knees in a steady motion. We go about our lives with hunched backs and imbalanced hips, and deal with pain because we think it’s normal. The flexor muscles are in the front and include the abdominal muscles. Don’t jerk the object up to your body. These muscles enable us to flex, or bend forward, and are important in lifting and controlling the arch in the lower back. Stand completely upright without twisting. Always move your feet forward when lifting an object.
Posture corrector braces – do you need them?
If you have sit for a long time on office chair and had to work for long hours, then your body may need additional help to properly maintain your body. A posture brace is a custom designed garment that supports the shoulders and the back and offers stability to the muscles of the back, neck and shoulder. Posture brace is helpful in restoring your natural musculature, so that you can maintain a good posture. Upper back and shoulder posture braces are perfect for the provision of postural support and feedback during the initial stages of postural retraining. Here posture corrector braces comes into the picture.
- It works by pulling the shoulder backwards and straightens the back by aligning the structures in their natural position.
- Posture brace is designed in a way to reduce strain on the muscles and joints of the lower back, upper back and neck.
- One major problem that these postural braces help to rectify is the poor awareness associated with longstanding postural habits.
- With the help of posture corrector braces, you are glad to get rid of the pressure that are felt on your back, shoulder and knees.
- Women can purchase a posture support in the form of a posture bra.
It restricts the movements of the spine, which include bending and slouching of the body. Wearing a posture brace for just a few hours a day can assist your body to understand the feeling associated with normal posture. With postural issues you may suffer from a number of other health problems. What’s interesting about posture braces is that they evolved from braces designed for treating clavicle fractures and breaks. Braces also restrict the shoulder movements.
Ideally we want to avoid poor posture developing, but what can you do when it’s already there? The symptoms are many and can include back and neck pain or stiffness, headaches, lower back strain and difficulty sleeping or sitting/laying comfortably. When treating a clavicle injury, you want to stabilize your collarbone, so a brace was designed that wraps around your upper back. Posture brace pulls back the shoulders and aligns the spine in a straight position. Will a back brace improve posture? Using a posture correcting brace can not only eliminate these problems, it can improve your self-esteem. This figure 8 design immobilizes your clavicle, but it just so happens to also hold your shoulders back in a manner which keeps your upper back and spine straight. When the shoulders are pulled back, the muscles of the chest are stretched. And do back braces for posture correction even work? Contraction of back muscles and stretching of chest muscles help to improve the body posture.
Or is there a better alternative such as exercises we can do that will help? A posture corrector, as the name suggests, provides support for the posture and reduces pressure on the neck, joints and muscles in the upper back during physical activities. In this article on poor posture and back braces, you’ll find out. A posture corrector functions by limiting forward shoulder movements and restricting slouching and bending of the spine. If you are unfortunate enough to wear a back brace when you were younger, then the idea of back braces for posture correction might seem like a terrible thing to you. Posture correctors provide gentle yet firm support that results in a straighter, taller spine.